We are delighted to have you join our volunteer team here at the Wimberley Village Store! Our volunteers are our most important resource and without you we would not be able to operate our store. There is a sign hanging in the store that says
“Volunteers are unpaid not because they are worthless
but because they are priceless!”
And, while you might not be paid directly, based on net revenues, the organization(s) that you represent will receive between $10 and $14 for each hour that you work. That adds up to quite a nice sum over time. Since our inception, we have given back to the member organizations over $1.5 million dollars as of 2016! These contributions make it possible for them to provide services that enrich our community.
We take pride in our work and our store. Several things you might like to know:
- We are open from 9:00 to 2:00 Tuesday through Saturday and stay open until 7:00 on Thursdays. Mondays are designated for cleaning and organization and the store is not open to the public on that day.
- Our volunteers generally choose one or more days that they come into the store. We prefer that whenever possible volunteers commit to a certain time each week so that we can plan for the store’s needs.
- You will be responsible for maintaining your own hours of service so please remember to record those every day that you work.
- There are volunteer team leaders for each day who can help you with questions related to your role as a volunteer. They are designated by the color of their name tags. Please don’t hesitate to ask if you have questions or concerns!
- There are several jobs at the store that require training before engaging in those tasks. We strive to make sure that everyone is comfortable with what they have chosen to do and we that have consistency among volunteers.
- While we work hard to have the best store possible, we also want to have fun and know that we belong to a great group of people. Everyone is responsible for being a good team member as well as a good worker.